Monday, December 1, 2008

The i Book



Today was the very first snowfall of the year. It is pretty but already I miss my flowers.
I love colors and as much as I like how the white snow shows textures of the things it is covering, it just isn't as satisfying. So maybe this is what I need to get me back to painting.

My room which includes my art area is still piled up with things misplaced from our basement.
we are slowly working on it but other than dragging bins down there it is still an unusable part of the house. It is funny how you can adapt - I almost forget that it is part of the house.
Still coming out of shock I guess.

Lately I have been enjoying studying design. I went to Borders this weekend, just for some alone time. I bought a Chi tea latte (am not a coffee drinker) a blueberry muffin and grabbed an "Interior Design" magazine. I was in just the right mood to sit and really focus on each page. The great thing was that the ads that filled the front of the magazine were amazing. Not every one but many were great examples of design at it's best. I just slowly let my eyes move around each section of the page trying to absorb the details that made the whole work together so well.

I splurged and bought the magazine. I had sat there for an hour and was not even half way through it. Plus now I can tear out the pages that I really find interesting and put them in my scrapbook and write under the pic what it is I like about it. This is the same sketch book that I use to make collages in as well. It is slowly being built up into an inspiration book. I really like that I can record there ideas and themes and colors that capture my imagination. I hope to combine them all in some artwork. I will not make any promises ( to myself) as to when this will take place. Holidays coming up and I know how fast this month can fly by.

No I think I will take the pressure off of myself and just try to work on building up my i Book which is what I will call it from now on. Get it so crammed full of pages that I won't be able to help myself with wanting it to capture some of it on canvas. Yes, that is a worthy goal.

No comments: