Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Flower Power Wonders



The Flower Power Wonders is the name my daughter gave to my cousin Diane (top pic) and me (above). Today she came over and we planted 50 more bulbs and the perennials you see behind us in the pics. So far have planted all the glads, oriental lilies, freesia and phlox.
We had fun while we were at it. She would dig the hole, I would put the plant in and the dirt around it and then she would dance around the plant to press it down firm. We were joking that we were doing an Indian flower dance (there is Indian blood in our family) so I would pick up the empty pot and beat it like a drum! She is always a lot of fun to be with. She has come along with me on this project and I love her for it. She is going to be the flower designer for the centerpieces and the bouquets. Tomorrow we are going to plant some more.

No comments: