Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Memories Maze

I really like the colors in this one. I found an old spatula at a thrift store that had grid lines on the back. I pressed this into wet acrylic paint and like the effect. This is on watercolor paper and I painted a bunch of other pieces of the same paper and then cut them up and attached them to the page. I had also found some floral pins that I added and tied some fibers to it and sewed on a few orange buttons. It has some of the writing in ink that I have been playing around with. Lastly I painted lines in between the pieces to pull it together.

Memories maze seemed a good name for it. I was thinking that our memories have so many components to them. Sights, sounds, smells - all the senses. when we think back on things, these all play a part in making up the picture of the memory in our mind. It is a maze of feelings.

No comments: